A quick and easy way to use leftover chicken or turkey, this Paleo Turkey Enchilada Casserole is dairy-free, grain-free, and Keto-friendly.
I originally developed this recipe with leftover Thanksgiving turkey. We loved it so much that it is now one of our favorite quick go-to meals. I love a meal I can prep and put together quickly, then have it cook in the oven while I’m doing something else. This enchilada dish is the perfect grain-free, low carb, Paleo comfort meal that can easily last our family two meals.
I have a delicious Paleo Enchilada Sauce recipe. I make my own because it is hard to find a healthy one in the grocery store. Feel free to use whatever enchilada sauce you prefer but do check your labels, and be careful to avoid added sugars and preservatives often found in store-bought enchilada sauces.
Did I mention that this Paleo Chicken Enchilada Casserole is low in carbs and high in healthy fats, making it a perfect Ketogenic meal for your family?
Turkey Enchilada Casserole
- 6 cups pre-cooked turkey or chicken Cut into pieces or shredded
- 3 cups Cauliflower Rice (link to recipe)
- 2 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 6 ounce cans green chilis diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with melted butter of coconut oil.
- Whisk the 5 eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the chicken, cauliflower rice, green chiles, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and salt and mix until combined.
- Mix in the enchilada sauce and tomatoes.
- Add the eggs and mix again until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the 9x13 baking dish and bake for 60 minutes or until eggs are set.