Soup made easy, soup made without a recipe, soup made nutrient dense. This is a real freestyle soup template to get you cooking, creating, and enjoying being in your kitchen. The goal is to teach you all some easy, healthy meals you can whip up by your self, with no recipe, and with no stress.
What if you don’t like to cook? Check out this article to dive into some of your cooking obstacles and start loving this creative activity. Cooking is meant to be fun, stress-free, a way to apply your creativity and share love. If you get
I’ve put together a go-to recipe to help you create many different soups. Soup made with bone broth or meat stock (see how to make a quick meat stock below) is some of the healthiest food you can eat, and it is also the best food for healing a leaky gut. Some days you can make your soup in a slow cooker and other days if you have
This Paleo soup method goes for creamy, thicker, and blenderized soups as well. If you want your soup creamy, add a can of
If you choose not to use coconut milk to create a rich and creamy soup, you can add 2-4 Tbsp. of organic, cold pressed olive oil to your pot at the end of cooking to deepen the flavor and add more healthy fats.
- 4-6 cups bone broth or meat stock
- 1 pound pastured chicken, grass fed beef, lamb, heritage pork, or wild caught fish
- 2-3 cups greens - like spinach, kale, collards, chard, lettuces, parsley, basil chopped
- 3-4 cups non-starchy veggies - cabbage, carrots, celery, onion, zucchini, mushrooms, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower chopped
- 1 can coconut milk, full-fat optional for creamy soups
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 herbs and spices see notes
Slow Cooker Method
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the light, tender greens and fresh herbs such as spinach, basil, cilantro, and lettuces into a large soup pot or slow cooker.
- If using ground meat, cook that separately in a medium sauté pan over medium heat for 4-6 minutes. If you are using cubed meat, just add the meat to the pot.
- Cook on low on the stove for 2 hours or in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low.
- Add fresh garlic if using. Add the lighter, tender greens and fresh herbs and warm for 2-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Quick Method - using precooked or leftover meat
- Combine all of the ingredients except the leftover/precooked meat into a large soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Let the vegetables cook on medium for 8-10 minutes before adding the leftover meat.
- Add the meat and fresh garlic and cook on low for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lighter, tender greens and fresh herbs and warm for 2-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Here are a few examples to get you started: Indian spice soup blend: 1 tsp Turmeric, 1 tsp cumin, ½ tsp ginger, ½ tsp coriander, ½ tsp cardamom, ¼ tsp cloves Mexican spice blend: 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cumin, ½ tsp ancho chili powder or ¼ tsp chipotle chili powder Italian spice blend: 2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp thyme, 2 tsp rosemary, ½ tsp ground sage Thai spice blend: cheater method -- use 1-2 TBSP of my favorite store bought red or green Thai curries by Thai Kitchen To make a quick meat stock:
Place cut up pastured chicken or grass-fed beef in a pot, cover with filtered water, add 1-2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp sea salt, a few peppercorns, and any chopped vegetables. Bring to a boil, cook on low for 45-60 minutes let cool, and strain. You can save the meat for later use, definitely don’t discard it.