Salted Caramel Power Balls
FINALLY, a fat bomb that doesn’t melt!
Let me say that again. These amazing little Salted Caramel Power Balls seriously do not melt.
I love them all, so I am more than excited to share them with you.
Who doesn’t love a tasty fat bomb?
My travel friendly Salted Caramel Power Balls are super-healthy little snacks that are packed with protein and fiber making them very different from the usual fat bomb.
Plus, I’ve worked hard to create a fat bomb that you can take with you every day and on all your adventures. All you need to do is wrap these energy snacks up and take them hiking, biking, climbing, camping, or on a picnic somewhere.
A few ingredients makes these a simple snack
My Salted Caramel Power Balls only require 8 simple low carb ingredients. There are several optional ingredients to give these some extra flavor and texture too, so make sure and play around with those.
Here’s what you’ll need for the base:
- Cacao butter: helps these little guys stay firm
- Nut Butter: your choice of flavor here, I used almond and cashew
- Ghee: this gives an amazing caramel flavor
- Protein Powder: use your favorite but opt for caramel or vanilla flavoring
- Almond Flour and Coconut flour: both of these add fiber, give these balls their texture and allow them to travel with you
- Keto Friendly Sweetener: I have used Swerve confectioners and liquid stevia which come in a toffee flavor for added caramel deliciousness!
- Sea salt: can’t leave this out if you want Salted Caramel Power Balls!
Fat Bombs like these are really a Keto luxury
These power balls, and all of the other flavors I’ve made, are always sugar-free, low in carbs, and high in healthy fats.
They can satiate you just enough to get you through to the next meal, help curb any cravings, and become the perfect little dessert.
I make plenty of my own (check out my template to make your own!), and I do love them all, but most Keto fat bombs melt very quickly after you take them out of the fridge. Which makes them almost impossible to take with you, unless you put them into a container and bring along a spoon to eat them with. That’s why I created these no-melt Salated Caramel Power Balls!
Too Much Fat Can Be a “Bad” Thing
Do you realize that even on a Ketogenic diet you can overeat your healthy fats?
While for the most part, I have thrown away the idea of calories in = calories out, the number of calories still does matter to some degree.
If your goal is to burn up your own body fat, then you may want to tailor your overall fat intake to allow your body to use its own.
Doing Keto right can be tricky and it takes some time to figure it out for your own body, so be patient and .
How to Store These Power Balls
I went through many variations creating these Salted Caramel Power Balls before settling on this final version to share. To store these power balls keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or on your counter for a few days.
You can freeze them too (for 2-3 months) and just take a couple out when you want to indulge.
Also, I have found these power balls can be a little soft during the warmer summer months. But this is when even our beloved dark chocolate bars will melt too!
I use cacao butter to firm these up and collagen powder for the protein boost but you may want to switch to a plant based variety to during the warmer months or add a little extra coconut flour to your batter.
I’d love to know what you think!
Salted Caramel Power Balls (Keto travel safe fat bomb, Paleo, vegan option)
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 3 tbsp almond butter or cashew
- 1/2 cup salted caramel or vanilla collagen powder or an unflavored, or plant based protein powder (see notes below)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1.5 Tbsp. Ghee gives a good caramel flavor
- 1-2 Tbsp. powdered erythritol I use Swerve Confectioners, amount used based on desired sweetness
- 1/2 cup coconut, unsweetened shredded or
- 1/2 cup nuts, finely chopped or
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Optional - Roll Your Finished Bombs in One of These
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or
- 1/2 cup coconut, unsweetened shredded or
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped macadamias, or other nut of your choosing
- Put all ingredients, except the optional ingredients, into a large food processor and mix well for 30-60 seconds, until a dough forms.
- Now add any of the optional add-in ingredients you’ve chosen into the processor. Pulse a few times until combined.
- Remove the dough from the processor with a spatula, and place into a bowl or onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Shape and form the dough into small 1-inch balls. If the dough is too soft to work with, place it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- If desired, roll the balls in one of the optional finishing ingredients you’ve chosen, the cacao powder, shredded coconut, or chopped nuts.
- Place the Bombs into the refrigerator to firm, for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and enjoy. You can take them wherever you go without any worry about them melting!
- Be sure and try out my other Keto Fat Bombs too. I like to keep several flavors on hand. Follow the links below for my Vanilla Coconut and Chocolate recipes
More Recipes Like This: