If you are searching for an easy, sugar-free Peppermint Bark recipe, I’ve got you covered! This recipe is the perfect combination of white chocolate and dark chocolate layered together for an unforgettable holiday treat.
Everyone loves Peppermint Bark around Christmas. It is a holiday tradition for many families. This year, treat your family and friends to Keto-friendly, low-carb Peppermint Bark and let yourself feel good about serving (and eating) a healthy low-sugar treat.
Notice there are no crushed candy canes on top of my Peppermint Bark. Made with raw cacao butter and coconut oil for healthy fats, raw cacao powder for a rich flavor, and chia or hemp seeds for an added crunch, you won’t miss the chopped up peppermint candies on top. Thankfully, this Peppermint Bark leaves behind the refined sugar, food coloring, and artificial flavors found in store-bought kinds.
What’s the secret? Peppermint Oil
Cooking with essential oils is a quick way to bring lots of
Every holiday we are surrounded by treats and sweets everywhere. Work parties, dinners, family events, it’s endless. My advice – make and bring your own special treats. Then you can be sure to have Keto-friendly, sugar-free sweet treats at your disposal.
- Melt 3/4 cup of coconut oil and ½ cup of cacao butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add 1/3 cup cacao powder, shredded coconut, hemp or chia seeds, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 Tbsp. sweetener of choice, and 8-10 drops of peppermint oil, 1/8 tsp. sea salt and mix well. Add a few drops of stevia to taste if needed.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a parchment lined 9x13inch baking dish and set in the fridge for 30 minutes or the freezer for 15 minutes.
- For the white chocolate layer, melt 1/2 cup Cacao butter and 1/2 cup Coconut Butter, and ¼ cup coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add 1 tsp. vanilla, 8-10 drops of peppermint oil, 1/8 tsp liquid stevia, and 1-2 Tbsp. of sweetener.
- Pour the mixture on top of the hardened chocolate in the 8x8 square baking pan and put in the fridge for 1 hour or the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Break apart into pieces and store in the fridge in an airtight container.