This Paleo Bread is one of my most favorite and most prized recipes. I’ve been perfecting grain free bread for several years and have gone through so many different versions. What I like best about this version of Paleo Bread is that it is free of starch, which makes it lower in carbohydrates and suitable for a GAPS diet, Ketogenic diet, and low glycemic diet, all of which I use often with my clients.
One of my deep desires has been to sell my Paleo breads to the public, offering them in stores (where there are very few good options currently available) and online. If any of my readers have ideas on how to get this going and share these amazing grain-free breads please don’t hold back. Let’s do this. I have actually been very hesitant to post this recipe online because I know that I am literally giving away a gem. However, I’ve had so many requests for my grain-free breads that I’ve decided to spread the love.
You may remember that I am intolerant to eggs, so many of my recipes, including this Paleo Bread, are egg-free. I do sometimes use eggs in my baking but I have found I have so many wonderful people around me willing to be my testers and give honest opinions that I don’t miss trying the products with egg at all.
The Paleo Bread recipe that I am sharing with you now is dairy free, vegan, low carb, grain-free, and of course gluten-free. Let me know what you think!!
Paleo Bread (Keto, starch-free, low-carb, vegan, GAPS)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds (soaked in 1 1/2 cup warm water for at least 5 minutes)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Erythritol (optional, could use honey too)
- 1/4 cup nut milk (as needed to form a good dough)
- 1 1/2 cups water, for soaking ground flax
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease an 8x4 loaf pan
- Soak ground flax seed in 1 ½ cups water in a small mixing bowl for at least 5 minutes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and olive oil to the flax mixture.
- Mix the dries and wets together with a wooden spoon. Use your hands to create nice bread dough. Add additional water as needed but be careful it is not sticky.
- Form the dough into a rectangle and push gently into the greased loaf pan.
- Make 3 slits into the top to allow the steam to release.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool in the oven with the door open for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and invert to release the bread from the pan and allow it to cool on a rack before slicing.