Homemade Mayonnaise is another simple-easy-to-make-yourself condiment. This one flawlessly fulfills all of its condiment duties and works well as a crudité dip, paired with fresh vegetables and my Grain-free Rosemary Garlic Flax Crackers.
This is my favorite mayo. There are many great mayonnaise recipes out there, but most egg-free versions have a lot of additional carbohydrates. This one does not – it’s egg-free, dairy-free, low carb and vegan. And not just vegan, it’s Paleo and Keto friendly too.
This Mayonnaise is perfect for those avoiding starch and nuts. I’ve used gelatin as the thickener in this egg-free mayo. Most egg-free mayo recipes use some sort of starch or nut as a thickener. While they are great vegan substitutions, gelatin is the ultimate low carb thickener.
- Pour half the can of coconut milk into a small saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin on top and mix gently until it is completely covered.
- Let the coconut milk gelatin mixture sit for a few minutes. Meanwhile whisk together the rest of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Slowly warm the coconut gelatin mixture and whisk gently until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Next, pour the warm coconut milk into the mixing bowl containing the rest of the ingredients.
- Whisk everything together well. Place the bowl into the fridge until set, about one hour. In a pinch, you can cool this mayo in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes so that it sets up faster.
- Use your homemade mayonnaise right away or store in glass jars in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.