These Macadamia Chocolate Fudge squares are an excellent way to satisfy your sweet tooth and curb your hunger. These are treats you can enjoy while still staying within your daily low carb limits. This fudge is literally a health food – low carb, sugar-free, dairy-free, and loaded with healthy protein (which helps curb sugar cravings). And they take just a few minutes to whip up!
I made these Macadamia Fudge Squares with just 8 ingredients. Low carb, Keto, packed with protein, healthy fats, and devoid of sugar, a couple of these squares will quickly energize you and give you a boost of protein, making them the perfect snack that is sure to satisfy you.
I don’t always add collagen to my Keto Fat Bombs. But since collagen powder is excellent for gut health, joint health, and keeps you looking young by strengthening hair, skin, and nails, it is an ingredient I love to use, especially to enhance a treat like these. The added protein makes these squares excellent for post-workout snack too.
My Macadamia Chocolate Fudge is rich and creamy, chocolaty, buttery and chewy thanks to a few key ingredients:
- coconut oil and MCT Oil
- macadamia nuts
- cacao powder
- collagen peptides
I credit these ingredients for more than just scrumptious flavor. They are loaded with nutrients! Thanks to these healthy ingredients some of the health benefits of this Macadamia Chocolate Fudge are:
- MCT Oil is excellent brain food. Derived from coconut oil, MCT Oil (medium chain triglycerides) bypass your normal digestive process and get turned into energy much more quickly and efficiently than most other foods. Your brain loves MCT Oil and can convert it into ketones very rapidly.
- Raw cacao powder is a powerful antioxidant and it can increase focus and clarity, just like MCT Oil. You all already know how much I love chocolate; you can read my list of benefits here.
- Collagen peptides help improve gut function and add support to gut healing. One of my favorite brands, Vital Proteins, is also an excellent source of clean quality protein from grass-fed cows. Another excellent brand is, Perfect Keto, which is my favorite flavored collagen peptides.
- Macadamia nuts help curb sugar cravings and keep you feeling full longer. Like MCT Oil and coconut oil, macadamia nuts help to keep you satiated. Macadamia nuts are also loaded with fiber to help feed your good gut bugs and promote the growth of new ones.
There are not too many desserts that are beneficial for your gut, but with the additional gut healing qualities of collagen peptides and the anti-microbial properties of coconut oil, plus the fact that this fudge is sugar free, you can feel good knowing that these Macadamia Chocolate Fudge squares are really a health food.
Add macadamia nuts and MCT Oil, and coconut oil to a high-powered blender. Blend on high until very smooth and no lumps remain
Add the cacao powder, collagen peptides, vanilla, sweetener, and salt to the blender and blend again for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- Stir in any other ingredients, such as chopped nuts or spices if desired.
- Pour mixture into an 8x8 inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper. Place it in the fridge for 45-60 minutes to set. Remove and cut into squares.
- Alternatively, pour the mixtures into a silicon ice cube or chocolate mold and place it in the fridge to set for 45-60 minutes.
- Enjoy thoroughly but not all at once!!
This fudge recipe can be customized with your own favorite flavors and textures. See my Fat Bomb Recipe Template for tons of ideas. I’ve made these with flavored collagen from Perfect Keto. I love both the chocolate and vanilla flavors. They add just the right amount of sweetness with no carbs so that you don’t need to add any additional sweeteners in this recipe. You’ll want to store the fudge in the fridge, so it doesn’t get too soft. The squares will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge, or 3 months in the freezer.