No-Bake Lemon Bars
This recipe is a game changer!
Super smooth and creamy, no-bake lemon bars. Sounds good right? Well it gets better! They are dairy free, egg free, and sugar free. Plus it’s a quick and easy recipe to make that will satisfy any Keto, Paleo, or vegan diet. Or honestly, any diet of any kind!
Full of ingredients that are good for you!
These lemon bars are full of protein, healthy fats, and they are nutrient rich unlike normal lemon bars that are filled with dairy, gluten, and sugar.
What’s fun about this recipe is that you can choose your preferred nut for the crust. However, I recommend sticking with cashew in the filling for the creamiest result! (But hey, no one ever said you can’t experiment!)
Can it ever be TOO MUCH coconut?
If you haven’t already heard, coconut in any form is a nutritional powerhouse! They are full of healthy fats that keep you blood sugar stable. Beyond that, coconut is known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties!
This recipe uses both unsweetened coconut flakes and coconut cream but definitely does not have a big coconut taste thanks to the real lemon.
So you’re getting the nutritional punch without the overwhelming flavor. I’d say that’s a huge win!
These lemon bars contain REAL LEMON juice! Not that jarred stuff.
Lemon’s obviously have a bright flavor that can wake anyone up. But did you know lemons are fantastic for digestive health? Lemons are also known to help keep you hydrated and are a nice source of Vitamin C!
A fun idea
You can add a pinch of turmeric to give these bars even more natural lemon color.
It‘ll make them look even more appealing.
Give me all of the lemon!
In fact, this Lemon Bar recipe uses my Lemon Curd recipe as the filling!
And you can make the lemon curd way ahead of time or even double up on the recipe and freeze half so that you can whip up these lemon bars super fast.
Even if you’re not a HUGE fan of lemon treats like I am, something tells me these bars will make you a convert!
Lemon Bars (Keto, Paleo, vegan, dairy free, egg free)
Ingredients For Crust
Ingredients For Filling
Instructions for Crust:
- Line an 8x8 inch square pan with parchment paper
- Place all of the crust ingredients into a food processor and blend together or pulse until the mixture begins to clump together. Try not to let it get too smooth like nut butter consistency, you’ll still want some good texture.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of the lined baking pan and make sure it is firmly press down evenly.
- Refrigerate or freeze the pan while you prepare the filling or if you’ve made your filling before hand then just make sure the crust has hardened before adding the filling.
Instructions for Filling:
- Soak the raw cashews in a bowl of warm water for at least 90 minutes, and up to 4 hours. Strain and lay on a towel to soak up the excess liquid.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. If it is softened already you can skip this step, you just don’t want it super hard.
- Put all the ingredients together in a high-powered blender. Blend on high for 1 minute or until totally smooth. You may need to scape the sides with a spatula and then blend again for 30 seconds or so.
- Pour the lemon curd into the cooled and hardened crust refrigerate again until firm, about 2 hours.
More Recipes Like This: