Keto Chocolate Milkshake Makeover
Have you been wondering how to satisfy your ice cream cravings without buying expensive Keto ice creams or just wrecking your health goals with less than optimal choices?
There’s no need to head out to the ice cream shop when you have this easy and healthy milkshake recipe on hand!
The ultimate in low carb comfort food, this dairy free “milkshake” is super easy to make at home. You need just 5 main ingredients, two steps and less than 5 minutes to whip up this Keto Chocolate Milkshake recipe in your blender.
Never worry about indulging in a milkshake again!
While traditional milkshakes are made with lots of cream, sugar, chocolate syrup, and ice cream my keto chocolate milkshake makeover is honestly as simple as blending 5 ingredients!
Just throw in a generous portion of coconut cream, some macadamia nuts and chia seeds, a splash of dairy free milk and some cacao and protein powder.
Talk about DELICIOUS and NUTRITIOUS!
Don’t skimp on the fat!
The best coconut cream is to use is full fat thick coconut cream without any of the liquid because that’s what’ll make the shake thicker and more like the “real thing”!
I choose macadamia nuts because they are richer, and blend up better in the blender without needing any soaking. But feel free to use any raw nuts you have on hand. For example, although they need some soaking, cashews are another great option that can make your milkshake super creamy!
How to Make Thicker Keto Chocolate Milkshakes
There is nothing better than a good thick milkshake, especially when it’s dairy free, sugar free, and super low carb!
Otherwise, it’s really just another chocolate smoothie, isn’t it? To make a thick and creamy milkshake every time follow these simple tips:
- Start by using real coconut cream (and choose full-fat.)
- Add just enough dairy free milk to blend until smooth.
- Let the chia seeds soak for a few minutes before blending.
- For an even thicker shake, add a few extra macadamia nuts and a big handful of ice.
- Lastly, make sure you’re ready to indulge before getting started or blending the ingredients. Most milkshakes will melt quickly. You can also put your milkshake glasses in the freezer to get chilled which will help to keep the ice cream frozen a bit longer!
To make this Keto chocolate milkshake without a blender, you can simply use any nut butter in place of the macadamia nuts, add the ingredients to a bowl (omitting the greens) and mix or whip until smooth.
This takes a bit longer and isn’t quite as smooth, but it still tastes great!
Now you have NO excuse to indulge!
Keto Chocolate Milkshake Makeover
A totally guilt free, dairy free, creamy, and so good for you ice cream shake!
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice chocolate or vanilla collagen protein or plant protein powders are my favorite
- 1 cup spinach or kale (optional but a must try!)
- 1 cup ice cubes or more to thicken as desired
- a few drops stevia to taste
Put all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender. Let sit for a few minutes for the chia seeds to soak. Then blend on high or in smoothie-mode until smooth and creamy.
Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Calories: 555kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 611mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2813IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 5mg
More Recipes Like This:
Chocolate Chia Seed Mousse
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
Green Chocolate Smoothie