Keto Hamburger Buns (or bread rolls!)
I am so excited to share these Keto Hamburger Buns (or Bread Rolls!). They are light, airy, have the texture of a real yeast-containing roll, and make the perfect sandwich roll or hamburger bun.
Have your burger AND your bun!
Adapted from my Keto bread loaf, these rolls/buns are Paleo, grain free and vegan making them suitable for just about any diet. Plus they are really easy to make, requiring no yeast, and no lengthy rising time.
If you have been grain free, Paleo, or Keto for a while then you know bread is pretty much out of the question. Well not in my house!
I’ve spent tons of time creating grain free and vegan bread recipes so that I can still have my piece of toast, my sandwich, or my dinner roll without consuming any grains or too many carbs.
What’s in these Keto Hamburger Buns/Bread Rolls?
The main ingredients are:
- Coconut Flour
- Almond Flour
- Tigernut Flour (which is optional but I highly recommend giving it a try!)
- Psyllium Husk Powder
- Ground Flaxseed
All of which are high is fiber and low in carbs. Head over to my Keto bread to learn more nutrition facts about these ingredients.
A little on Tigernut Flour
If you are new to Tigernut flour, it’s one of my recent favorites. Tigernut is actually a superfood, containing just as much iron as red meat, and just as much potassium as coconut water.
It’s a small root vegetable from Africa that has a nutty, slightly sweet flavor. Tigernut flour is excellent for grain free baking and it is relatively low in carbs when compared to other root vegetable flours like cassava or potato.
It’s also is high in resistant starch meaning that most of the carbs resist digestion and fuel our probiotic bacteria instead. All to say, it’s gut healthy!
In our house we have used these rolls for hamburger buns, sandwiches, and toast.
Please give them a try and let me know what you think!
Keto Hamburger Buns/Bread Rolls (grain free, dairy free, egg free, vegan, Paleo)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees with convection. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add all of the dry ingredients (coconut flour, almond flour, tiger nut flour, psyllium husk powder, ground flax seed, baking soda, and salt) into a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Measure the warm water into a small bowl and add the olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and start mixing together quickly with a fork or spatula.
- You will want to knead this into a dough once it is mixed together a little.
- Knead the dough with your hands, right in the large bowl, for 1-2 minutes.
- Once it is all combined let it sit for about 10 minutes. This will allow the fiber to soak up any excess moisture.
- Next form 10 equal sized rolls and place them on the lined baking sheet. Cut 1 thin slit across the top of each roll. Let sit another 5-10 minutes before placing into the preheated oven.
- Set in the preheated oven and bake 30 minutes. Once the timer rings, turn the oven off and leave the rolls in for another 15 minutes with the oven cracked open. The slower the rolls cools down, the more rise they will keep.
More Recipes Like This: