My Green Chocolate Smoothie is just sweet enough, without the addition of any fruit or processed sugar. I’ve made it Keto, naturally low in carbohydrates, full of fiber, and packed with micronutrients. It is super creamy without having any dairy, thanks to just a quarter of an avocado. This green smoothie is a cinch to make and will satisfy you for either breakfast or lunch. All you need is a high-powered blender (my favorite is the Blendtec because there are no sharp parts and it works amazing.)
I have made hundreds of Green Chocolate Smoothie recipes over the last several years and this one is the absolute best I have ever made, believe me. It is super creamy from avocado and full of rich chocolate flavor from my new favorite chocolate collagen powder. If you have not tried the Chocolate Collagen Protein from Primal Kitchen, I highly recommend you give it a try.
I am taking a break from most vegan protein powders. Most of them are made with pea protein and include chia seed protein too. Both of these can be inflammatory for some people so if you are dealing with any sort of chronic inflammation or have intestinal issues you may want to look closely at the amounts and types of plant lectins that you are eating. Many plants contain proteins called lectins that make them hard to digest and some of us are more sensitive to certain types of plant lectins. These lectins are actually part of the plants’ defense mechanism so that animals do not eat them. Anyhow for me, collagen protein is the best because I do not do whey or egg protein either. My favorite is Vital Proteins unflavored collagen protein. Their marine collagen is also a pantry staple.
Green Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 1/2-2 cup filtered water
- 2 cups spinach (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/4 avocado or up to 1/2 if it is a small avocado
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 1/2 scoop chocolate collagen or 1-2 scoops collagen protein, 1 Tbsp. cacao powder, 1/8 tsp. liquid stevia
- pinch sea salt
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Perfect Food Alkalizer, Lemon Ginger Flavor or green superfood powder of choice
- Chop up the celery and cut the avocado.
- Put all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender. Blend on high or in smoothie-mode for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.