Once in a while, putting a spin on an original can be a lot of fun! That is why I decided to play around with creating a recipe for cornbread muffins!
First, I had to be sure to make them gluten free, grain free, low carb, and paleo. Eating this way for so long, I’m already used to taking traditional recipes and making an alternative option for those of us choosing to support our body with these ways of eating.
Next, I wanted to make them fun! Typical cornbread is made in a baking dish and cut into squares and served. Same ol’, same ol’.
So I thought, “why not try the recipe in a muffin tin?” and so, my Cornbread Muffins were born!
I can already envision these cute, moist, and delicious muffins on my Thanksgiving table or as a side to a fun Southern BBQ themed dinner!
Just make sure you grab one because these will go quickly!
Cornbread Muffins (Paleo, Keto, Vegan, grain free, low carb)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed soaked in 6 tbsp warm water
- 6 tbsp warm water for soaking flaxseed (flax eggs)
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, plus 2 tbsp.
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp monk fruit or erythritol
- 1/2 cup olive oil coconut oil, butter, or ghee
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup nut milk coconut, almond, etc
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease an 8x8 baking pan or line a 12 muffin tin
- Measure out the ground flaxseed and soak with the 6 tbsp of warm water for 5-10 minutes
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, baking soda, salt, and sweetener together in a medium sized mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl measure out the oil, apple cider vinegar, and nut milk
- Mix the soaked ground flaxseed into the other wet ingredients
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until well combined
- Scoop into the greased 8x8 baking pan or into the greased/lined 12 muffin tins
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Muffins may take just 20-25 minutes.