Coconut Whipped Cream is a delicious alternative to traditional whipped cream. It is dairy-free, sugar-free and quick and easy to make. So simple you just need one can of coconut cream. Coconut cream offers a unique sweetness all on its own, so adding sweetener is really optional.
As the perfect swap for traditional whipped cream, Whipped Coconut Cream makes a wonderful topping for pudding, mousse, and pies, and as a Keto and Paleo cake frosting, when the cake is eaten right away.
A couple of things to know before getting ready to make Whipped Coconut Cream:
Your coconut milk must be well-chilled prior to making this recipe. An overnight chill minimum. I keep a can in my fridge, so I am always prepared if I want to make whipped cream.
Like with a dairy whipped cream, using an electric mixer to beat the coconut cream is recommended to achieve the fluffiest, prettiest, whippiest results. But, I find it’s really not mandatory. With a whisk (and elbow grease) you can easily make whipped cream without an electric mixer. Perfect for when you don’t want the extra mess and don’t have the extra time. I make it both ways, and only use my electric mixer when I want the final product to look its best!
Coconut Whipped Cream
- Chill the can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
- Chill the mixing bowl in the fridge, either your stand mixer bowl or a mixing bowl of choice, if using a hand-held mixer.
- Remove the coconut cream from the fridge. Scoop the hardened layer of coconut cream into your chilled mixing bowl. Leave the liquid layer in the can, and set aside.
- Using your stand mixer or hand-held mixer, whip the coconut cream on high for at least 2 minutes or until soft peaks form. It will have a light and fluffy texture.
- Add in your sweetener and vanilla extract, then whip for another minute. The sweetener is optional, as the coconut cream is fairly sweet on its own.