This roasted cauliflower has quickly become a family favorite in our house. You can change the flavor of this coconut curry roasted cauliflower so easily by using your favorite spices. I have used chili, ginger, cayenne, and garlic and they are all amazing. You can whip this dish up for dinner in just ten minutes and it is such a crowd pleaser. Trust me, your guests will want this recipe!
Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable with some great health benefits. A member of the cruciferous vegetables, some consider cauliflower to be one of the healthiest foods available to us because it is very high in certain phytochemicals, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory compounds.
Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and cabbage are a great way to get natural antioxidants, essential vitamins, carotenoids, fiber, minerals and phenolic plant compounds.
So here some of the specific ways cauliflower can support your health and what makes it such an amazing vegetable:
• Helps reduce inflammation
• Supports weight loss
• Decreases risk for heart disease
• Contains high levels of vitamins and minerals (especially vitamin C and vitamin K)
• Improves digestion and detoxification
• Helps balance hormones
• Can help reduce the risk of cancer
• Preserves eye health
We make this Coconut Curry Roasted Cauliflower at least once a week in our house. You start with a whole cauliflower head, cut it up into florets and put them into a 9×13 baking pan. Then just coat the cauliflower florets with melted coconut oil, or healthy fat of your choice (grass fed butter, ghee, olive oil). Next, you take your spice mixture and coconut flour and toss it into the cauliflower until well coated. That’s it, and with so little mess too, all in one pan.
Use this roasted cauliflower recipe as an appetizer, snack, side dish, or main course. It is such a nice alternative to cauliflower rice and it is quicker to prepare. If you are just serving one or two people be sure to make extra because the leftovers taste great too.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil in a 9 by 13 baking pan in the oven while it is preheating, watch it closely as it will melt fast. Remove from the oven.
- Start with one head of cauliflower and cut it up into florets. Put the florets in the 9x13 baking pan and toss with the coconut oil to coat evenly.
- Mix the spices with the coconut flour into a small bowl. Sprinkle the spice and coconut flour mixture on top of the cauliflower florets coated with coconut oil. Mix until well coated.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes stirring once half way through. Remove and let cool 5 minutes.
This roasted cauliflower can be served immediately, set aside to cool and served warm, or even served cool the next day. It is also very easy to reheat the florets in a sauté pan over medium heat.