Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
This has to be the VERY Best Coffee Cake recipe ever, and it’s Paleo Keto and Vegan too!
This grain free cinnamon streusel coffee cake is moist and buttery (if using ghee!), with cinnamon all throughout. It’s topped with an insanely good crumb topping too.
This sugar free coffee cake is perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack time and is a dream with a hot cup of coffee!
All the goodness is in this cinnamon streusel coffee cake!
I have managed to fit all the things that you would ever want in a coffee cake into my recipe. The only thing I left out is the GUILT!
There is all the moist goodness you find in traditional coffee cakes with cinnamon packed into every bite with out using eggs, dairy, grains, or sugar! I know you are going to love the wonderful texture.
It’s not worth it without the crumb topping!
Streusel topping is a fancy way to say “crumble”! Most crumb toppings are made with butter, sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
It’s a perfect topping for a coffee cake but in it’s traditional form it would add a crazy amount of sugar and carbs to one serving. So I’ve given it a makeover and as you’ll see it’s every bit as crumbly and delicious.
My streusel or crumble topping is made from:
- Chopped nuts
- Shredded coconut
- Almond flour
- Coconut oil or ghee
- A Keto friendly sweetener
- And lots of cinnamon of course!
A couple tips for the greatest success
Don’t over mix
Since most of my recipes are egg free, I use either apple cider vinegar or lemon juice with baking soda which react with each other to help create a rise. Part of the reaction of the two creates air pockets in the batter that can disappear if you over mix it.
Use the Tapioca
Even though it adds a few extra carbs (and you can of course substitute with more almond flour if you must), using tapioca flour is what helps lighten up the cake and keeps it from being too dense.
Let it cool down in the oven
Keep your cake in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes with the oven off and the door cracked. This will help prevent any sinking that can happen when the temperature changes too quickly.
Again, this amazingly moist Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake – even with it’s sweet streusel topping – can be easily classified as a health food. It’s suitable for almost any diet and can help make you feel great from the inside out because it’s made with such wholesome ingredients!
Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake (Paleo, Keto, and Vegan)
Ingredients for Cake
Ingredients for Crumble Topping
- ¼ cup coconut oil or ghee
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup finely chopped nuts
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup monk fruit or erythritol
- 1 ½ tbsp. sugar free maple syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
For the Coffee Cake
- Mix all of the dry ingredients for the cake together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil or ghee in a small saucepan over low heat, then remove from the heat.
- Add the coconut oil, water, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. You may want to knead it together gently with your hands to make sure it is all combined.
- Pat the cake batter gently into the lined 8inch cake pan then assemble the topping.
For the Crumble Topping
- Melt the coconut oil or ghee in the small saucepan over low heat.
- Add the chopped nuts, shredded coconut, almond flour, Keto sweetener, sugar free maple syrup, and cinnamon right into the pot and stir until all combined.
- Using your hands or a spoon drop the crumble topping evening all over the unbaked cake and pat down very gently.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Watch carefully at the end so that the topping does not darken too much.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes inside of the oven with the door cracked open after baking is complete.
More Recipes Like This: