Introducing my other favorite homemade chocolate, the Creamy Chocolate Fat Bomb. A rich, decadent, dreamy, low carb, and healthy chocolate that you will absolutely love. This chocolate treat is dairy-free, sugar-free, Paleo, and it a scrumptious Keto snack.
Fat Bombs, also known as Keto Bombs, are the ultimate high fat, Ketogenic snack. They are rich, fudge-like little treats that you will thoroughly enjoy. Fat Bombs will sustain you and get you through any hunger issues between meals, or if you’ve skipped a meal and aren’t quite ready for the next one. This recipe is one of my most favorite versions. Creamy chocolate… yum. This recipe is so adaptable, and with an endless number of flavor and texture combinations, you can experiment and find your favorites.
Made with coconut butter, which has a naturally sweet taste, I prefer not to add any sweetener at all to this recipe. But, flavor is personal so test the batter and if it is not quite sweet enough for you try adding a few drops of stevia (up to ¼ tsp), or 1-2 Tbsp. xylitol or erythritol. If you haven’t tried coconut butter before, you are going to wish you had. It’s a delicious, low carb snack all on its own, with some great healthful properties. One of my favorites is Artisana Organics Coconut Butter.
I love chocolate and I love how good it is for us too – full of antioxidants. Check out my post about chocolate here and see just how good it is for you. Yes, I’ve done my research on chocolate. It was always one of my favorite foods, and since I’ve learned how healthful it is, I love it even more. Real chocolate, made from Cacao beans, is actually a naturally fermented food, which makes it super high in flavanols (a polyphenol) that help to increase blood flow to the brain, and benefits our body’s vascular system. This means chocolate can help to improve cognitive function and athletic performance. Who doesn’t need both of these? Chocolate can also improve insulin sensitivity, and it is one of the richest natural sources of magnesium. Right up there with avocados, another of my favorite foods.
You’ve got to try my other chocolate recipe too. It is another chocolate experience you do not want to miss, especially if you love chocolate like I do. And, if you are like me and always searching for clean chocolate, without cane sugar, dairy, lecithin, or any other additives, both of my chocolate recipes will make you very happy.
Creamy Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Melt the dark chocolate, coconut oil and coconut butter in a double boiler on low. Make sure it doesn’t get too hot or it could burn on the bottom. You can use a stainless-steel pot on top of a saucepan with hot water if you don’t have a double boiler.
- Mix in the cashew butter and any flavorings and textures of choice. (see notes)
- Pour into a mini muffin pan with paper liners, a silicone chocolate mold, a silicon ice cube tray, or use a Tupperware with a flat bottom and cut them in squares after they harden.
- Refrigerate for 45-60 minutes or freeze for 20 minutes until they harden.
- Store in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for up to 2 months, or freeze them for a chilly chocolate treat, for up to six months (really, they will be eaten before then).
- Enjoy your chocolate!