Cauliflower rice has become the go-to for so many Paleo/Grain Free Recipes. It is so easy to make and requires very little effort. It is the ultimate substitute for white rice, brown rice, and quinoa. We’ve been making cauliflower rice in our house for a long time and never seem to get tired of it since there are so many flavor options to choose from. My kids love when we have cauliflower rice and get to choose how to flavor it for their for dinner. Try it the next time you are planning to make rice.
- Cut one raw cauliflower head into small florets.
- Using a food processor pulse 1/3 of the florets at a time with the chopping blade until it is about the size of normal rice. Pulsing it in batches will allow the size to be more uniform.
- Sauté the cauliflower rice in a large skillet with 2-3 Tablespoons of Ghee or Coconut Oil. Add sea salt and pepper. It should just take a few minutes, if you cook it too long it will get too soft.
- Sauté onion and/or garlic in your pan first.
- Try adding spices like ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon for a curry flavor or paprika, cumin, chili, oregano, and coriander for a taco flavor. Start with ½ tsp or 1 tsp. of additional spices.
- Sesame oil and Coconut Aminos is another winner.