Here is a really simple banana muffin recipe that is suitable for just about any diet and perfect for part of a healthy breakfast. It’s grain free, nut free, egg free, dairy free, and of course sugar free except for what’s naturally present in a banana.
Not your average banana muffins…but better!
Everyone loves bananas but for any of us that are on a low carb or Ketogenic diet, bananas are basically not an option. These banana muffins however, fit the Paleo, Keto, AIP, and GAPS diets.
They are low enough in carbs to be Keto friendly and you can even use this recipe template and swap out the banana for some coconut milk, coffee, zucchini, or whatever flavor you’d like!
And they are nut free! Which is, as you might know, pretty hard to come by with grain free and egg free muffins.
I’d say that’s a winning recipe!
My kids and I have been baking a ton this spring so far!
Everything we bake is grain free, dairy free, and sugar free so this means our creations are always healthy enough to have for breakfast, lunch, or any snack.
While my kids have been on a banana and peanut butter kick, banana green smoothie kick, and love putting bananas in their Paleo granola, we still sometimes have brown bananas in our house and I’ve discovered how flavorful just one banana can be in a whole batch of muffins.
These low carb banana muffins are packed with 8 grams of fiber and only have 4 net carbs per serving.
You can spruce them up with dark chocolate chips or raisins if you’re looking for more of treat!
Banana Muffins (Paleo, Keto, vegan, dairy free, grain free, egg free, AIP, GAPS)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp. psyllium husk powder
- 3 tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup Keto sweetener
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or 1 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tsp ACV
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk or any non dairy milk
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 mashed banana can use ½ cup non dairy milk, apple sauce, coffee, pumpkin, etc
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or raisins, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners
- In a large mixing bowl measure out the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, ground flax seed, Keto sweetener, baking soda, salt, and vanilla powder (if using), mix well and set aside
- Next melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat.
- Mash one banana into a small mixing bowl. Add the coconut milk (or any non-dairy milk), apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract (if using). Then pour in the melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until completely combined. Press or knead the dough slightly with your hands.
- Knead in the dark chocolate chips or raisins if using.
- Fill each of the muffins cups with equal amounts of dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-28 minutes.
- After the muffins are done, turn the oven off and let them cool inside with the oven door cracked open for about 10-15 minutes before removing from the oven.
More Recipes Like This: